to go to our Site Map, which will allow you to link to all of our pages.
You can also
update your browser
to get the latest functionality.
SERVING OTHERS THROUGH GLORIA DEI
w is a listing of several ministries at Gloria Dei. The ones listed below are but a few of many different ministries being conducted and supported by Gloria Dei members. Many others are listed on our "Time and Talent" form and you may contact the church office for more details. Other ministries will be highlighted on this website in the future. Check out the short movie below to see what we can do together as a church (E.L.C.A.)!
We Care Ministry
– This "hands on" helping ministry is coordinated by Peggy Johnson and is involved in the following areas: preparing and bringing meals to people in need; preparing sack lunches for homeless; providing rides for people to doctor appointments and other locations; and several other areas. If you would like more information or to assist, please contact the church office.
Habitat for Humanity
– "The Excitement is Building." Gloria Dei is a "Covenant" church with Habitat for Humanity. A Covenant Church means three things: We provide financial support to this housing ministry; We recognize this ministry during worship one time per year; and finally, we provide volunteers at the job site. If you have questions, call the church office for more information.
– Gloria Dei supports Pastor Dorcas Wang as our missionary. We are blessed to support her financially in this important work and look forward to visiting with her in person while she is on home-leave. If you would like to communicate with her via email, please contact the church office.
for Loved Ones with Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders. Several times each year, the Wednesday Women’s Bible study group organizes a worship service for many homes/facilities in the Dana Point area. Following a short service, refreshments are served. If you would like to assist with this ministry or to find out more information, contact the church office.
- On a regular basis, Gloria Dei offers various support groups including group dealing with divorce, grief, parenting, etc. Please watch the newsletter and bulletin for upcoming groups.
Community Help Groups
– Gloria Dei supports many outside groups including: Alcoholics Anonymous, Alanon, and others. Please contact the office for a schedule.
Los Angelitos Orphanage
- Gloria Dei regularly sends down volunteers to help, feed, build, have fun at this orphanage outside of Tijuana. Watch the newsletter for more details about upcoming trips. Currently we are constructing a new commercial kitchen for them. Check out the photos from a recent trip below:
Other Opportunities to Serve
Global Mission (Missionaries in Cameroon—Financial Support, Cards/Letters, assist with Mission Festival, Care Packages, each year women send HIV-red ribbons.); Corazon de Vida – bus trip that takes groups to work in Mexico and supports 8 orphanages in Tijuana; Youth Summer Mission Trip – each summer, the focus of our high school youth group is a large summer trip to such places as Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, Alaska, Navajo Reservation, Belize, etc.; Shoes that Fit – collect shoes and provide them to a local school for children with needs; Lutheran World Relief – World Hunger (Offerings during Lent/Easter and Thanksgiving); Project Linus—Blankets; New Life Band – financially supported this group whose mission is to build schools in Tanzania; Helping Hands – Meals/rides/assistance for members who are shut-in; Casa Hogar Sion - Backpacks for Mexico Orphanage (72 total.); Families Forward – collect food/stock shelves; Christmas gifts (each December) (Collected food through Lent collected on Palm Sunday) (Continuous financial support.); Homeless sack lunches (Peggy Johnson and other volunteers pack lunches as needed. Several times/year.); Blood Drives (twice/year.); Loaves and Fishes – this feeding program in Santa Ana is supported by volunteers on an occasional basis; Quilting Group – meets monthly to make quilts for newly baptized children and others individuals and agencies; Union Rescue Mission; Honduras Mission Trip; Serra's Pantry (3rd Saturday of every month).
33501 Stonehill Dr. | Dana Point, CA 92629 | 949.493.3414 |
Powered by ChurchSites®